A simple soft cheesecake which is light, creamy and perfect for summer! If you’re feeling brave, the strawberry flavour is really brought out by steeping the chopped strawberries in some freshly ground black pepper and balsamic vinegar, before adding them to the cheese mixture.
- 160g Deans Lemon Curd & Oatflake shortbread rounds
- 50g unsalted Butter, softened
- 200g melted White Chocolate
- 250g Mascarpone or full fat soft cheese
- 200g Fromage Frais
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 100ml Double Cream
- 225g Strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
- Put the shortbread biscuits in a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin until they resemble breadcrumbs. Mix the biscuit crumbs together with the softened butter and press firmly onto the base and sides of a 20cm springform tin. Refrigerate until needed.
- Melt the white chocolate in a bowl in the microwave and set aside until needed.
- Whisk the cream until soft peaks, then beat in the cream cheese and fromage frais until smooth and thick. Add the strawberries to the cheese mixture with the melted white chocolate and mix.
- Spoon the cheesecake filling into the biscuit case. Level the top and chill for about 4 hours, or ideally overnight, until set.
Monday, April 27, 2009