- 2 aubergines
- ½ Cup extra virgin olive oil, extra if necessary
- 2 tbsp NoMU Moroccan Rub
- ¼ Cup pine nuts
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ Cup sultanas
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 100g chevre (goat’s cheese)
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- Stir the Moroccan Rub into the olive oil. Slice your aubergines lengthways into ½cm thick slices and brush liberally with the Moroccan oil. Season with NoMU Just Salt and NoMU Just Pepper.
- Fry them gently in olive oil until golden brown on both sides and set aside.
- Using the same pan add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and gently fry your pine nuts until nicely roasted. Add an additional tablespoon of NoMU Moroccan Rub, 3-4 tablespoons of sugar and 3-4 tablespoons of red wine vinegar. Reduce until the sauce becomes syrupy.
- Stir in a little olive oil and check the seasoning.
- Arrange the aubergine on a gorgeous platter and drizzle the pine nut sauce all over.
- Crumble some goat’s cheese over that and top it all off with some coriander.
- Serve at room temperature.
TIP: If you don’t like goat’s cheese, feel free to use a good quality creamy feta instead.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009