- 225g luxury dried fruit
- 50g glace cherries, halved
- 50g ready to eat dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 4tbsp Drink Me Spiced Chai
- 100ml boiling water
- 25g blanched almonds, chopped
- 225g self raising fl our 3 large eggs, beaten
- In a bowl combine the dried fruit, cherries, apricots, and sugar.
- In a jug mix the Spiced Chai with a little of the boiling water to dissolve it then stir in the remainder of the boiling water.
- Pour the Spiced Chai mixture over the fruit mix, stir thoroughly then cover and leave for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 160c/325f/gas mark 3 and line a 900g (2lb) loaf tin.
- In a clean bowl combine the almonds and flour. Then make a well in the centre and stir in the fruit and Spiced Chai mixture.
- Add the beaten eggs and stir until well mixed. Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and smooth over the surface.
- Cook on the middle shelf in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until well risen and golden (and a skewer when inserted into the centre comes out clean.)
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes in the tin before turning out.
To serve, cut into slices when completely cool.
Labels: Spiced Chai, bread