Takes about 1 hour to make, plus setting
- 450g ripe raspberries (or good quality frozen ones)
- 150g caster sugar
- 4 sheets leaf gelatine
- 3 bellevue Earl Grey tea bags
- juice of ½ lemon
- double cream, to serve
- Mash the raspberries and sugar to a juicy pulp. Set aside for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, so the sugar dissolves. Rub through a sieve.
- Half-fill a bowl with cold water, and lay the gelatine in it to soften. Drop the tea bags into a measuring jug and pour in enough boiling water to come up to the 300ml mark. Leave for a few minutes to brew but while it’s hot remove the tea bags.
- Scoop the gelatine out of its bath, squeeze out excess water and stir into the steaming tea. Now add the lemon juice and pour in the raspberry liquid. Pour into 6 x 120ml moulds or champagne flutes or small wine glasses. Leave to cool, then put in the fridge to set for 5-6 hours.
- Turn out the jellies on to serving plates, or serve in champagne flutes or glasses.
Thursday, March 4, 2010